Monday, November 5, 2007

To expose oneself to pleasant warmth....definition of BASK

"There is a harmony in autumn, and a luster in its sky, which through the summer is not heard or seen, as if it could not be, as if it had not been!" Shelley, Percy Bysshe

Feeling a little blue as I was putting my kids on the bus this morning after a wonderful weekend of leaves and football. I will ignore the onslaught of Christmas ads and decorations that are making my children crazy. I will ignore the thought of squeezing way too many people into my small house on Thanksgiving. I will ignore the thoughts of basketball season as soccer season will soon be over for Cat.
I will bask in the memory of playing in the leaves with my girls, their hysterical laughter as the hubster and I played soccer against each other, leaving me in a heap in the backyard. I will bask at my older daugher who is growing too old to hang out with me, as she hangs upside down in our favorite tree in the yard. I will bask in the memory of my little one who still likes to snuggle and tell me "I love you tooo much muma." I will bask in the crunchy leaves falling out of the back of my shirt after the girls showered me in their glory.
So, do me a favor today....bask...
~T

1 comment:

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

Hi Trish, is there anything finer in life .. than basking in the delight of our children. hope every day brings more happy memories.cheers from
Trish