Friday, November 9, 2007

My fellow blogger has challenged me....


Thank you Kristine for a fabulous idea for a fun Friday Blog:


Favorite Martinis

I make good Martinis but I do have to give props to a company who makes fantastic mixers called Stirrings. They carry these mixers at most local liquor stores in my area and I have to confess, my famous blueberry martini is part Stirrings mix. They have come out with some holiday mixes this year including, Egg Nog Martini, Chocolate Peppermintini and Sugar Plum Martini. You know there used to be a time where I would anxiously await the coming of a new Yankee candle each holiday season....sadly I now wait for the new Martini mixers....

But if you want to go from scratch, here are a couple of my favorites:

White Cosmopolitan

Ingredients:
1 cup white-cranberry juice
4 ounces vodka 2 ounces Cointreau
Instructions:
1 cup white-cranberry juice 4 ounces vodka 2 ounces Cointreau 1. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add cranberry juice, vodka, and Cointreau. Shake to combine well. Strain into two large martini glasses. Serve immediately.

Fudge Swirl Martini

1 Part Chocolate Vodka 1 Part White Chocolate Liqueur 1 Part Vanilla Vodka

Mix ingredients in a shaker with ice, shake and pour into a chilled martini glass rimmed with cocoa powder.

My personal favorite

Dirty Martini

6 parts gin 2 parts dry vermouth 1 part olive brine Cocktail olives
Combine liquid ingredients in a cocktail shaker with cracked ice and shake well. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with one or two olives

COCKTAILS ANYONE?

I think Martinis have become the modern day "shots" that I used to drink in the bars when I had big hair and listened to Bel Biv Devoe.

Give us some of your favorites....I get my best cocktail recipes from friends

~T

3 comments:

Kris said...

Two of my most favorite things , blended into one fabulous drink...

Creme Brulee Martini

1 oz vanilla vodka
1 oz Frangelico
1/2 oz Cointreau liqueur

Combine ingredients in a shaker with ice.
Stir gently & serve in a chilled martini glass.
A dash of cream can be added but this drink is sweet enough on it's own. You can also rim the edge with brown sugar.

Yum!

Pam said...

I haven't had a drink since before I got pregnant in July of 2006 - since I'm nursing I still haven't had a drink...I think you post made me start drooling!

Unknown said...

Your White Cosmopolitain sounds really good!

Wish I had a recipe for you but mine are all "using bottle opener, remove cap and serve chilled with lime to taste". Nothing exciting here!