Friday, August 31, 2007

Hangovers...not just for kids anymore











What was I thinking....

Last night I went to a pre-season Patriots game.

It was a gorgeous, warm New England evening, perfect for an exhibition game and some mild tailgating.

So off I go with my fellow blogger friend, Pats fan and neighbor, Kristine . We bring our cute little sandwitches, chips, water and a few beers to have some quiet mommy time with no kids.

At least that was the plan.

It just so happens that the hubster's friends were also at the game. So we packed up a couple of beers and went in for a visit.

That's when the fun began. Kristine got into a discussion with friend A about hockey (a common theme in Kristine's life-she will be blogging soon about it I am sure). I decided to hang with the slightly younger crowd who weren't waking up at 6:30 to get the kids on the bus and go to work.





4 beers later....





I go into the stadium to attempt to kidnap Tom Brady. My plans were quickly diverted when I saw the new line of $25 dollar T-shirts.... (not a good decision since I had to send in 20 dimes for my daughter's lunch out of loose change I found in my husband's car).

Ok, new T-Shirt on, off to find Tom...wait a minute, do I see MARGARITAS at the concession stand??? $9.50, well that seems reasonable...give me 2.


...later that same evening....

Look, here comes a drunk girl...is that...oh no...Trish








Ok, now I look like this (...note the new shirt)...pretty...





So my question is....why are hangovers so difficult to get over now that I am in my late 30's? Let me tell you, at 6:30 this morning I would have given anything (even my new Patriots shirt) to sleep for another 4 or 5 hours. Oh and the new shirt...wore it to bed...oh and this morning when I got up and looked in the mirror, my first thought "where the hell did I get this shirt?"

Back to the hangover...In my earlier days, I would simply roll out of bed (from my dorm room most of the time), go to McDonalds, eat greasy food, slug down a Coke and be done with it. Actually I could usually start drinking again within a few hours....yeah...no margarita is passing these lips in at least 2 weeks. Oh and apparently I ate something last night that was salty (perhaps fries) because my hands are so swollen, they look like cabbage patch doll hands. I am looking at 2 days of hard time for this little debaucle. Oh and the hubsters friends, I am sure they will be sharing stories of "how funny your wife is!!!" What a spectacle

~T





"What a drag it is getting old'Kids are different today,'I hear ev'ry mother sayMother needs something today to calm her down"-Rolling Stones

2 comments:

Kris said...

Yes, they were fries. With a pint of ketchup. blech.

Lights out early in The Hood tonight.

Trish K said...

Chicken