Thursday, August 23, 2007

Goodbye to daycare




Cal and Cat have been going to the same daycare since Cal was 4 months and Cat was 3 1/2. I have had my ups and downs with the center, but overall it has been a truly wonderful, consistant and comforting place for my girls. They provided full time care when they were little, after school care once they were in school and a summer camp. Cat is now 9 1/2 so she is too old to go there anymore. Starting next week they will be at a new after-school program for older children.


Tomorrow is their last day.


Today they had a talent show and Cal and her best friend Haley sang a song together to bring down the house. Haley and Cal have been together since they were 4 months old. They got up together, held hands and sang their little hearts out.


Breakaway


Cal sang it tonight at dinner in her very raspy voice.....

"I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly

I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky

And I'll make a wish

Take a chance

Make a change

And breakaway"

of course I burst into tears (6 years they have been together going there).

Caroline said "that's ok, I know those are happy tears"

I am still crying

No comments: