Sunday, August 26, 2007

Cal's Non Sequitor of the Day




Ok, 7:46 am on a Sunday morning....week 3 of no coffee...
Mike downstairs reading the paper
Me lying in bed trying to cope with school starting on Tuesday....




Cal "Can I crawl in bed with you"

"sure"

"Mom, mumma, mumma, mom"

"yes Cal, lying right here" (why did I have that 4th margarita last night?)

"On the moon you walk like you are underwater right...?"

"yes, you are soooo smart Cal"

"Mom, mumma...."


"yes, still here" (do I still have Benadryl in my medicine cabinet?)


"Did you know that you have to approach penguins very quietly" (Cal's obsession with penguins kicking in again)

"uh hmmmm" (that's it, how could one coffee hurt today)

"Mom"

"yes lovey"

"Is Mia (cat) righty or lefty?"

"uhhhhh, can you ask dad?"
Ok, everyone out of bed, I am up for the day....and very confused......

~T

ps


How do octopuss' go to the bathroom? (that was the last question I heard as I was making a mad dash for my coffee)


Even when freshly washed and relieved of all obvious confections, children tend to be sticky. ~Fran Lebowitz

4 comments:

stephanie said...

Good stuff. I had one glass of wine too many last night, but thankfully no inquiring minds first thing this morning...

And I adore Fran Lebowitz - one of my e-mail signatures is this from her: "Your life story would not make a good book. Don't even try." I like how it kind of lets me off the hook.

Maude Lynn said...

Inquisitions prior to coffee should not be allowed!

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the questions that pop into their minds at the crack of dawn!!

Jane, Pinks & Blues Girls

Kris said...

....and just as a reminder....

....the reason you had that 4th marguarita????

because Heather's blender kicked ass!