Thursday, January 31, 2008

Superstition



I am trying to plan a Super Bowl party. For those of you not in New England, New York or Arizona...or those of you that do not follow football, the New England Patriots will meet the NY Giants in Super Bowl XLII in Arizona this coming Sunday.




So my party plans are coming along slowly. I am having a hard time nailing down my guest list. There seems to be one big obstacle.




Superstition.





I looked on line for the most popular superstitions...


**When you speak of good luck, always knock on wood.


**Wild birds inside the house are considered bad luck.


**If the groom sees her in her wedding dress before the wedding is also considered bad luck and is believed to lead to an unhappy marriage.


**Placing a hat on a table is bad luck.


**Stepping on a crack in the sidewalk is believed to result in one's mother breaking her back.


**It is considered bad luck to open an umbrella indoors.


**In Western cultures, black cats are considered unlucky.





As much as I searched, I could not find the ones about...


**My mother & neighbor needing to be home for the Patriots in the Super Bowl or they will lose.


**Tom Brady (or any athlete) on the cover of Sports Illustrated magazine is the kiss of death.....a jinx for his career.


**Mayor Tom Menino (of Boston) planning the logistics of a Super Bowl victory parade so that it will not interfere with the Presidential Primary Election voter turn out on Tuesday.


**Trish must wear her red, long sleeved Patriots throw back shirt or Tom Brady will not be able to lead the team to victory.


I am sure Coach Belichick, Tom Brady and the rest of the New England Patriots appreciate the support. They say we have the most passionate fans here in New England (most of them living right here on my street). I wonder if there is a picture of Trish in her red, long sleeved throw back shirt inside of each of their lockers at Gillette Stadium.....kinda like carring around a lucky rabbit's foot!



Being married to a hockey player and living in the hockey world that exsists in my house from August until April, I am willing to go along with many superstitions that get my son's hockey team rearing to go before a game...must wear the blue (home) shirts instead of the white ones....must listen to the "Tournament Tunes" CD in the locker room before a game.....




But I am just trying to plan on the number of chicken wings to make and the number of juice boxes to buy!
LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it will be a fun party... plan on A LOT of wings ;)

Anonymous said...

Hope the party was more fun than the game. .. . . says the Giants fan. :)